Flood Recovery Assistance
As a result of the recent heavy rains and flooding, Hay Shire Council and other parts of the Murrumbidgee Valley have been declared a Natural Disaster Area.
If you have been affected by the recent flooding, you may want to investigate some of the services and assistance that have been made available, including:
- Mental health and crisis support
- Housing assistance
- Replacing certificates and licenses
- Assistance with livestock and animals
- Household support
- Insurance inquiries
- Legal assistance.
You can find details on the Emergency NSW website at www.emergency.nsw.gov.au.
Or call the Disaster Assistance help line on 1800 018 444.
Disaster Recovery Assistance
Assistance is also being provided through the jointly-funded Commonwealth-State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
Assistance under the NDRRA includes:
- Help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- Concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations
- Freight subsidies for primary producers
- Grants to not-for-profit organisations.
You can find further details at www.disasterassist.gov.au or www.emergency.nsw.gov.au.
Natural Disaster Assistance Schemes
Disaster Relief Grants
Health, Well Being Assistance Providers
Mental Health Flyers
Previous Page | Next Page