Hay Shire Library
Hay Library is located at 204 Lachlan Street, Hay across the road from the Hay Public School.
The Library is a branch of the Western Riverina Libraries with other Council members being Griffith City Council, Narrandera Shire Council, Murrumbidgee Shire Council, Jerilderie Shire Council and Carrathool Shire Council.
If you would like to borrow from the library, please bring your library card with you. You may use your library card to borrow from any branch and you may return your loans to any branch. Loans may be renewed in person over the internet, or by telephoning (02) 6993 4492.
Online member services (Western Riverina Libraries ) are also avaliable where you can renew your material via the internet. This saves our clients from getting reminders or late charges sent in the mail, this service is particually valuable for our 'out of town' borrowers.
Fines are charged for late returns and lost or damaged items must be replaced. If you need assistance to use the library and its resources, trained staff is always available to help you.
You may e-mail requests and reservations to the library at: email@example.com or Fax requests (02) 69934491
Library Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
9:30am to 5:00pm
9:30am to 5:30pm
||9:30am - 12:00 noon
Membership of the library is free to all residents of the Shire. Proof of address is required.
- Library cards
You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card. If your card is lost or stolen, please notify the library immediately.
Up to 6 items may be borrowed on each card.
- Loan periods
The loan period for all items is 21 days.
Loans may be returned to any branch of the Western Riverina Regional Library.
Items may be renewed once only if the item is not reserved for another patron. Items may be renewed at the library or by telephone (02) 6993 4492.
- Overdue Fees
Overdue items accumulate fines at the rate of $1.00 per week. Please check the date your books are due back and return them on time or renew them online.
- The collection
A large variety of items suitable for all ages and interests are available for loan: books - fiction and non-fiction, magazines and DVDs. Material is available in alternative formats for people with visual and hearing problems - large print books and talking books.
- Student resources and services
As well as books and videos available for loan, the library has an extensive reference collection for use in the library.
- Library Services
- Full range of fiction in hardcover and paperback. Constantly getting new releases into library.
- Comprehensive range of children’s books especially readers
- Other items for lending include magazines, music CD’s, DVD’s,
- Large print books
- Up to date autobiography and biography section
- Events at the Library
- Tuesdays - Childrens Reading and Activities from 10:30am to 11:00am
- SUMMER READING CLUB - held in the school holidays in January each year.
- Information & Reference
- Many non fiction resources available for loan
- Non lending reference section includes encyclopaedia
- Internet available for research
- Helpful library staff
- Items which are on loan may be reserved
- Items held by another branch may be reserved.
- Inter Library Loans - Books not held by the Western Riverina Library may be requested from other Australian libraries – There is a charge and we will advise the borrower before we order them
- There are 8 public access computers
- Computers may be used for research, information gathering, family history, word processing, internet banking, e-mail etc
- There are strict conditions of use for the computers displayed prominently in the computer area.
- All computer users are to sign in at the library front desk.
- All mail, banking and chatroom charges are $1.00/ half hour. These are liable to change without notice.
- Printing charges are 20c/black & white page; $1.00/ colour page
- Pornographic and other inappropriate material is NOT permitted to be accessed in the Library. Breaches will be referred to the Police and the offender will be banned from the Library.
- WIFI - is avaliable at the Library cost is $1.00 per Hour and a download limit of 500MB you can buy as many tickits as you wish and have 7 days to use them after activation.
- Family History
- Microfiche reader available for researching past copies of Riverine Graziers, and Deniliquin's Pastoral times.
- Birth, Death and Marriage CDs available for use within the library
- Comprehensive local history reference section
- Available for 20c A4 and 40c A3page only black/white
- KNITTING - Knitting at the Library is held every second Wednesday throughout the year. The knitters knit squares to make blankerts for the needy for the ABC KNIT IN - WRAP WITH LOVE campaign held all over libraries throughout Australia ALL WELCOME!