Burning Off & Fireworks

Burning off

Permits are required and must be obtained prior to burning off of any vegetation during the bushfire hazard season. In addition, burning off of vegetation and waste is not permitted within the Hay urban area without approval from the Council.

For more information you can visit the Rural Fire Service website www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.

Hay Shire Council aims at limiting air pollution created by burning off and provides garbage services and waste depot facilities for domestic, industrial and business waste disposal at various outlets throughout the Shire. Click here for details.

Fireworks Displays

Anyone planning a fireworks display for an event are required to have WorkCover approval prior to the event. Please follow the links below for further information:-

►WorkCover Information on Fireworks Displays

►Guidelines for local Councils when considering a Notification of a Fireworks Display